Become a certified Atoti+ expert
Get the most of your investment in our products with ActiveViam’s training services. Our consultants will provide you with the skills you need to accelerate the delivery of your project and maximise Atoti+ capabilities.
ActiveViam Consulting Team
ActiveViam’s consulting team can assist clients worldwide with the implementation of their Atoti+ based application.
Our full-time professional services team also delivers additional services such as training and technical check-ups. Building on 15+ years of experience of implementing in-memory analytics in critical environments, our consultants have the expertise and the knowledge of best-practices to mitigate project risk and ensure a quick time-to-market for your project.
Certifying courses can be delivered online remotely, on your premises or in one of our ActiveViam offices throughout the world (London, Singapore, Paris, New York). Most of our courses are hosted in a classroom style. We can also offer tailor-made courses on specific topics.
Catalogue of available courses
Atoti+ | Fundamentals, Concepts and Practice
Pre-requisites: Java core, Spring framework (IOC), Maven. - Duration: 3 or 4 days
ActivePivot 5 has a completely redesigned datastore which is much more than a new feature that provides better memory utilization and scalability. Designed to take performance to unprecedented levels, ActivePivot 5 also supports Multi Version Concurrency Control (MVCC), epochs, transactions log and off-heap storage. Taken together, these new features present a step-change in the way you design and implement ActivePivot projects. This brand new course introduces the concepts step-by-step and is appropriate not only for beginners but also for experienced developers. You will learn how to design and partition datastores, optimise for NUMA, exploit the MVCC for cross-epoch queries, how to create and configure message channels, topics and column calculators. The impact of factless and unbalanced hierarchies on cube design will be examined. The locations API is explained and hands-on sessions illustrate many post processor design patterns including non linear aggregations.
Pre-requisites: Java core, Spring framework (IOC), Maven.
Duration: 3 or 4 days
- Set up a Development environment (Maven, Eclipse, debugging)
- Configure the ActivePivot Manager, Data Store and ActivePivot
- Use Excel and ActiveUI for cube browsing
- Best practice for Cube design (data store, schema and cube definitions)
- Data Loading (the ActivePivot transaction, the data store and sources)
- Enrich a source of data
- Implement a comparators and formatters
- Configure the MDX engine
- Set up the drill through functionality and add post processed columns
- Understand out the ActivePivot real time capabilities
- Configure security and manage authentication, authorization and entitlements
- Pre-processed aggregators
- Post Processors: Dynamic Aggregation, Formula Post Processor
- Introducing the distributed architecture with a hands-on example
Atoti+ | Performance optimization
Pre-requisites: Must have previously attended Atoti+ – Fundamentals, Concepts and Practice - Duration: 3 days
This new training course focuses on the techniques and approaches for optimizing the performance of ActivePivot version 5.
Attendees on the course will have access to a large server running a project that contains a number of performance problems that are based on real use cases. During the course the attendees will be guided by senior consultant from our Professional Services group to resolve the problems and obtain the best possible performance.
Pre-requisites: Must have previously attended ActivePivot 5 - Fundamentals, Concepts and Practice.
Duration: 3 days
- Understand the theory behind several key ActivePivot components, how to monitor them and what affects their performance
- Provide hands on experience with various configurations to prove the theory
- To present a detailed and methodical approach for exploring and resolving performance issues
- A plethora of examples of ActivePivot best practices and design
- Discussion of anti-patterns, bad design and common mistakes.
Topics include: Datastore design (schema, key fields, indices, partitioning, vectors), Aggregate providers (JIT, BITMAP, LEAF), post processors and monitoring.
In this course you will learn how to use the MDX query language using ActiveUI. After an introduction to the basic syntax and constructs of the MDX language you will learn about the fundamental building blocks of MDX: dimensions, hierarchies, tuples, sets, calculated members. You will learn about the numerical and statistical functions that are built into MDX, how to create filters and how to use ActivePivot's epoch dimension to create measures that show trends on a timeline.
You will also learn how to write efficient MDX for execution in ActivePivot. This is particularly useful for developers who are building in-house user interfaces. It is also suitable for end users and business analysts who need to build reports, ActivePivot developers and designers who need to understand the optimum balance between Java post processors and MDX.
This brand new course has been designed and built for ActivePivot by a leading BI training and consulting expert.
Duration: 1 day
- How to use the MDX editor in ActiveUI
- Best practice for the design of dimensions and hierarchies
- Learn MDX language syntax and idioms
- How to use MDX calculated members as an alternative to Java post processors
- How to use sets to filter the cube
- How to use ActivePivot's Epoch dimension to build trend measures from MDX expressions
Atoti+ UX/UI module | Developers Course
Duration: 3 days
- You will also learn how to link the widgets together to implement story telling use cases.
- The course also covers topics related to the deployment of ActiveUI and how to integrate with your build process.
- The role and configuration of the Content Server is also covered.
This course will allow end users to familiarize themselves to the new ActiveUI. They will earn how to build tabular, graphs and pivots views, how to create dashboards and share bookmarks, customize MDX queries.
Duration: 1 day
- Learn how to use and configure all the widgets in ActiveUI.
- Construction of dashboards with global filter controls.
- Creating and configure charts and graphs.
- Creating and saving bookmarks.
- Understand the pivot and tablular widgets, how to create MDX expressions using the wizards, the drill through panel and MDX filters and wizards.
NB: For courses delivered in the ActiveViam office in London, there is no need to bring laptops as all equipment and course materials will be provided